Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mini Caramel Mud Cakes


Bribery is an interesting thing. Well I like to call it incentive. I had been waiting for some photos from a friend and offered baked goods in return for getting them quickly. The fact that I would have baked anyway is not important, in the end all parties were happy. I got to back, got my photo and he got mud cake, win-win. Not sure why I chose this recipe, it just jumped of the page when I read it.  They were eaten very quickly. Again I missed out but by all accounts they are a winner. I'm sure with more time and some creativity they can be dressed up nicely, I just dusted them with icing sugar as I was racing out the door.

Mini Caramel Mud Cakes
This recipe is from AWW Kitchen

Ingredients
125g butter, coarsely chopped
100g white eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
2/3 cup milk
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 egg
2 tablespoons icing sugar

Method
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Stir butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in small saucepan over low heat, until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; cool 15 minutes.
3. Whisk sifted flours into chocolate mixture, then egg. Divide mixture among cases. 
4. Bake about 30 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
5. Serve, dusted with sifted icing sugar.

1 comment: