Wow, what a week. I mean really. If anyone had told me a week ago what the week would have entailed I would never have believed them. I mean just crazy crazy stuff happening. In 4 weeks I am moving from my lovely comfortable life here in Australia, where I have lots of friends, a good job, great apartment and all my family, to the other side of the world. In 4 weeks I am starting a new job in Missouri. Yes, Missouri! I told you it was crazy. Why? you ask, well the last two northern summers I have worked at a beautiful summer camp in Rolla, MO. This place is my favourite place in the world, working there has been my greatest experience in life. This year I had resolved myself to not going back, it was too hard, I couldn't keep giving up my life here in Sydney to work for 3 months in the US. Then this week I got an email. The owner/director of the camp asked me if I would like to be the Assistant Director. All year. What?! Really?! This is my dream job, I've been wanting this for two years. I couldn't turn it down. But I have to be there the 25th May, that's 4 weeks away. 4 weeks!! It has been an emotional week, lots of thinking and decision making. Very mixed emotions, lots of excitement, but telling all my family and friends I'm moving across the world, for a long time, not exciting. The next few weeks and months will be interesting. As far as the baking and blogging are concerned, I don't know. In the short term there won't be much baking or blogging happening. After the summer I will have much more time for baking, but I don't know how good my kitchen and baking supplies will be. This blog may turn into a story of my journey, with some food and baking mixed in when I can. Only time will tell.
- It doesn't get any easier then no-bake Buckeye Cookies from Sugarlaws
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake on the Hungry Mouse. Surely I can't mess that one up!
- A recipe that has been tried on many blogs, Home-made Oreos, this week it was on Beantown Baker.
- A recipe from Mom has got to be a winner. Try Mom's Banana Muffins from In Good Taste
- This week I found out my Adopted Blogger as part of Adopt-a-blogger. So I add to this list The life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch who this week shared Yoghurt Brownies.