These are one of those recipes that you just don't know what to name them. They look like muffins, but the mix is more like a scone dough. They are covered in cinnamon and sugar which explains the donut part of the name. Whatever you call them they are great, especially straight from the oven. You can use any apple you like, but a sweet apple is best. Made them twice in one week and received with rave reviews.
- I really do love peanut butter and chocolate. Check out Sugarlaws Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- My Recession Kitchen has a Mocha Tart
- Not exactly baked but who doesn't love Ice Cream Cake. Check out this recipe at Zoe Bakes
- Simple flavours with Technicolor Kitchens Vanilla Buttermilk Cake with Whipped Passionfruit Ganache
- Annie's Eats always has great recipes, try these Brownie Cookies
Apple Donut Muffins
Recipe from Pinoy Cook
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel and roughly chop the apples.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Rub the butter against the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Beat the egg. Pour in the milk and stir lightly. Add the chopped apple to the egg-milk mixture.
4. Pour the apple mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
5. Form the batter into loose balls and place in the holes of a muffin pan.
6. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes. While still warm roll in the sugar cinnamon mixture at let cool