Sunday, December 7, 2008

Unplanned cookies - but still so good! (Jam Drops)


So Sunday is my regular baking day. I had planned on baking mini brownie bites or ginger buttons but discovered I was missing some ingredients. I considered walking to the shops to get the stuff I needed, but well just couldn't be bothered, and then it started to rain, so that was settled. Instead I had a quick look through my recipe collection and found this recipe for jam drops that i hadn't tried before and all the ingredients were in the house. Perfect! They turned out pretty good, or at least thats the impression i got from the 10 my dad ate all at once!  Enjoy. 

The recipe is from The Essential Baking Cookbook.  

Jam Drops

Ingredients
80g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup custard powder
1/3 cup raspberry jam

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180oC, Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a small bowl. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour and custard powder and mix to form a soft dough. Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the trays. Make an indentation in each ball using the end of a wooden spoon. Fill each hold with a little jam. Bake for 15 minutes, cool slightly on trays, then transfer to wire rack to cool. 

Makes 32

1 comment:

  1. Jam cookies remind me of the holidays so much-yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete