- Try this great looking Coconut Raspberry Cake from Culinary Cory
- Beautiful Southern-style Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes at Ezra Pound Cake
- More strawberries at Good Things Catered with Lady Strawberry Cake
- As usual I have to have at least some chocolate. Try Baileys Irish Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies at Culinary Concoctions of Peabody
- And s little chocolate in Mindy's Mouthful Cinnamon, Pear and Chocolate Galette
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
- This week saw International Nutella Day. 5 second rule celebrated with Nutella filled Nutmeg Molasses Sandwich Cookies and Cream Puffs in Venice shared Oven Crespella with Nutella Sauce.
- Annies Eats has a Dark and White Chocolate layer cake
- Check out the beautiful Dot Cookies at The decorated Cookie
- And some more chocolate at Picky Cook with Brownie Roll Out Cookies
Sunday, February 8, 2009
It has been way too hot this weekend to bake. I mean really really hot, about 40C (thats 105F). But I had already decided last week, before the forecast was revealed that I was going to make creme caramel. And I do suffer for my art! It was actually a lot easier to make then I expected. I was a little unsure about the caramel when I made it but it turned out great. A little tip though, doesn't use a plastic spatula to scrape the toffee out of the hot frying pan or you will be picking plastic out of your dessert! I was unable to get a good picture because of bad light but there is a little left over so might try again tomorrow.
- Bakerella has an amazing Valentine Gift Box of Truffles and Red Velvet Cake
- Erin Cooks has some Heart-shaped Peppermint Patties
- A beautiful Italian Love Cake is over at Nobel Pig
- The amazing Tartelette has spectacular Strawberry and Vanilla Floating Islands
- Classic Red Velvet Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Frosting are found at Pinch My Salt
- Check out Cafe Johnsonia who has some Chocolate-Cinnamon Heart Cookies as well as some other treats.
- And last some Chocolate Truffles at Simply Recipes
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
½ cup (125mL) water
1 ¾ cups (430mL) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
Stir sugar and the water in medium frying pan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture is deep caramel in colour. Remove from heat; allow bubbles to subside. Pour toffee into deep 20cm round cake pan.
Meanwhile, bring cream and milk in medium saucepan to the boil. Whisk eggs, extract and extra sugar in large bowl; whisking constantly, pour hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Strain mixture into cake pan.
Place pan in medium baking dish; add enough boiling water to come half way up side of pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until firm. Remove custard from baking dish. Cover; Refrigerate overnight.
Gently ease creme caramel from side of pan; invert onto deep-sided serving plate.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- I was intrigued by the Roasted Pumpkin and Chocolate Bread Pudding at What's for lunch Honey?
- And equally intrigued by Beetroot Brownies with Walnuts at Coffee and Vanilla
- Check out the quiz and Kiwi and Coconut Muffins at Food Blogga
- Butter Sugar Flour has some Coconut Macaroons with Raspberry Jam I can't wait to try out
- And a lovely Spiced Chai Cake can be seen at Wolf's Den