Well I'm all moved in and loving the new place. I've got the kitchen sorted and was itching to get some baking done this weekend. I had one disaster (more about that next week) but these muffins put me back on track. And the best thing? The light in my new kitchen (and study) is great!! I took heaps of photos as usual, prepared to delete the rubbish ones but there were too many great ones, so I'm sharing them all with you. I can't wait to really experiment with my food photography as well as my food.
And now, Sunday Baking. I still do not have internet connection so have only been online twice this week. Which means I am way behind on my blogs. But I have seen some great recipes to share with you.
- Try this great looking Coconut Raspberry Cake from Culinary Cory
- Beautiful Southern-style Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes at Ezra Pound Cake
- More strawberries at Good Things Catered with Lady Strawberry Cake
- As usual I have to have at least some chocolate. Try Baileys Irish Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies at Culinary Concoctions of Peabody
- And s little chocolate in Mindy's Mouthful Cinnamon, Pear and Chocolate Galette
Banana, Honey and Cinnamon Muffins
Recipe from taste.com
Melted butter, for greasing
1 cup flour
1 cup whole meal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
75g butter, melted
1/2 cup (125mL) milk
2 tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease 12 x 1/3 cup muffin pans with melted butter or line with paper cases.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
3. Combine melted butter, milk, honey, vanilla, eggs and mashed banana in a large jug. Whisk until well combined.
4. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Add egg mixture, stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into muffin pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool.