Mmmmm donuts. I love donuts. There really is no better food (I'm sure I've said that before about other things though!) But making them from scratch? Aint going to happen! So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try just to see how realistic it was. Well I'm not sure about it being like a donut but it is pretty good. The flavour and heaviness of the cake is great and the glaze is amazing. Definitely one to make again.
- Who doesn't need a simple chocolate cake recipe? Try this Pantry Chocolate Cake from Tortatebukura's Blog
- Love Joy the Baker. It has been a while since I have highlighted one of her recipes but thought it was time about with these Chocolate Espresso Cookie Sandwiches
- The Cooking Photographer shares Cake Mix Chai Spice Cookies
- Anything mini has got to be good right? Check out Brioche Buttons from A Bowl of Mush
- Simple is sometimes always best. The Repressed Pastry Chef has Coconut Cake with Pineapple Filling
Chocolate Glazed Donut Muffins
Recipe from Elle's New England Kitchen
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup canola oil
60g butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips or melts
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon golden syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 180C. Grease or line muffin pan.
2. Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the eggs, oil, butter, milk and vanilla. Divide batter between muffin cups.
4. Bake for about 18 minutes or until tested comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Glaze: Melt the ingredients together over low heat or in the microwave, stirring often.