Feeling silent today, not sure what to share with you today other then this recipe. Easy to throw together, my only suggestion is that it was a little too moist, maybe reduce the puree pear amount slightly. Also my baking time was about 50 minutes not the 60 minutes called for in the recipe. It also sunk a little when cooling. Despite all that is still a good recipe.
Check out these recipes too.
- Pete Bakes! has some Strawberry Cupcakes with real strawberries.
- More raspberry with the Chocolate Raspberry Cake from Sweet Sensations
- Still on the fruit theme Greedy Gormand has Orange Walnut Cake
- This post is what food blogging is about, documenting the lessons learned. Check out the Chocolate Meringue Cake at
- The Apartment Kitchen has quick and easy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Pear and Raspberry Bread
Recipe from Coles Magazine Winter 2009
825g can pear halves, drained, juice reserved
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan and line with non-stick baking paper.
2. Puree half of the pears and chop remaining. Measure pear puree in a jug and make up to 1 cup with reserved juice.
3. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add egg, oil, raspberries, pear puree mixture and chopped pears. Gently fold together, until just combined. Fill prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, until cooked when tested. Cool bread in pan. Store in airtight container.