You have to make this bread! Its beautifully moist and super easy to make. I whipped it up one afternoon in the very short time I have between finishing work and racing off to class. Took it into work the next day and it didn't last long. It was described as the 'best cake ever' but I think that was a bit of an exaggeration! Seriously though, try it, you won't be disappointed.
And back to Sunday Baking. I'm so glad I can share with you again my favourite recipes of the week.
- Lets get started with Elle's New England Kitchen Chocolate Glazed Donut Muffins, whats not to love about chocolate, donuts and muffin all in one!
- Try out the Apple Spice Cake at Passionate About Baking
- Bilateral Haze has the cutest Birthday Cupcake Bites
- I LOVE this rainbow cake from Ruth's Kitchen Experiments
- And continue the rainbow cookies at Pie of the Tiger
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
found on all recipes
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar. Combine egg, milk and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
3. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Draw a knife through batter to marble.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing.