I had my last day of work on Friday. I actually finished a few hours earlier then expected. So I baked cookies. I hadn't been shopping in a while so chose these cookies completely based on the ingredients. In fact I had to substitute the freckles for plain old chocolate melts and threw on some sprinkles. While they satisfied my baking needs, they did cause some fighting when people missed out! I had to promise to bake more cookies over the weekend to satisfy everyone. Just as well I was in the mood (even baked some muffins too!)
Check out these great recipes from the week
- I'm not really sure what a Whoopie Pie is but they have intrigued me for a while. Check out these Boston Cream Whoopie Pies at Bitter Sweet
- Cinnamon is one of my favourite flavours. A nice Cinnamon Sugar Scone is at Baked Perfection
- What's Cooking in the Orange Kitchen? has some Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- I love this idea. So simple but looks great. Check out the Quick and Easy Birthday Cake at Chef Paige
- I love pop-tarts. Australia doesn't have pop-tarts. Problem. Solution: Homemade Pop-tarts from The Curious Blogquat.
Recipe from Taste.com.au
180g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat well.
3. Stir in the flours and mix to from a dough. Roll 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball and flatten onto the baking tray. Press your thumb into the centre of the dough to make a hole. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Press the chocolate freckle into each hole and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Set aside on wire rack to cool.