Sunday, January 18, 2009

Low-fat Double Chocolate Brownies




This has been on my to-cook list since I first saw it and I can't believe I've been missing out for so long! This is a great recipe. The brownies came out beautiful and moist. Not too sweet but very rich and chocolate-y. And can you believe its low fat!! (well *lower* fat) Definitely a keeper. I struggle alot with eating so much sugar and saturated fats when I do my baking, so to know that low-fat recipes are possible is great. Although those high-fat recipes will keep coming! Moderation is the key, remember.  













Sunday Baking goes bananas this week! There was a bit of a banana theme running through some of the blogs this week so I decided to showcase all those uses for almost gone bananas. 


If you would like to submit a post for Sunday Baking email me at sundaybaking[at]hotmail[dot]com

Low-fat Double Chocolate Brownies
Recipes from Recipes+ October 2008


Ingredients

160g/6oz good quality dark eating chocolate, chopped (mine was mixture of dark and milk melts)

80g/1/3 cup reduced-fat margarine

1/3 cup caster sugar

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 cup no-fat vanilla yogurt

3/4 cup plain flour

1/4 cup self-raising flour

1/4 cup white choc bits (I used dark choc bits)


Method

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C/340F. Grease and line a shallow 20cm/8in square pan with baking paper.

2. Place chocolate and margarine in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until melted and combined. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Cool slightly.

3. Stir in eggs until just combined. Stir in the yogurt, then flours. Spread the mixture in pan; smooth the surface. Sprinkle evenly with choc bits.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is firm. Cool to room temperature. Chill for 2 hours or until firm before cutting. 

4 comments:

  1. mmmm. yum yum yum. brownies that are good for you?! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your healthy brownies look delicious also! Looking forward to seeing what else you've been baking on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much cal,fat,sugar ect... is in these? They taste really nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete