Sunday, January 4, 2009

Raspberry Butter Cake


I'm not sure if its just because its a busy time of year but I feel like the last week or so has flown by. Its time to go back to work tomorrow and I don't think I got nearly as much done as I was hoping. But not to worry. I did manage to get some baking done. 

There were some leftover raspberries in the freezer and I decided to use them today for my Sunday baking. I have been meaning to get a start on baking my way through the Australian Women's Weekly Bake cookbook I got a little while ago so chose a simple Raspberry Butter Cake. The recipe went together pretty well but the timing was a little off. The recipe called for an hour of baking but when I checked it at 50 minutes it was over done, it probably should have come out at about 45 minutes. It was still pretty good though. 

I've spent a lot of the week checking out lots of other food blogs and decided that there are so many great recipes out there I might share a few that I've found. So I'm officially starting Sunday Baking blog highlights. Along with my own Sunday Baking recipe, I'm going to share a few other blogging highlights I've found during the week.


Raspberry Butter Cake
Australian Women's Weekly Bake


Ingredients

125g butter, softened

¾ cup (135g) caster sugar

2 eggs

1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour

½ cup (125ml) milk

¾ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)


Method

Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.

Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; stir in sifted flour and milk, in two batches. Fold ¼ cup raspberries into mixture.

Spread three-quarters of cake mixture into pan; sprinkle with remaining raspberries. Spread remaining cake mixture over raspberries. 

Bake cake about 45 minutes (original recipe called for about an hour). Stand cake in pan 5 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.


If you have recently posted a baking recipe that you would like to be considered for Baking Sunday send me an email at sundaybaking[at]hotmail[dot]com. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and putting my pretzels on your blog. Best wishes in your foodie blogging!

    Kristen
    www.sweetpeapatisserie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete