- Annie's Eats has some lovely, simple Pineapple Muffins
- The Canadian Baker shares rich Dark and Dangerous Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Finish off the festive season with some Caramel, Cashew and Chocolate Coated Pretzels at Sweet Pea Patisserie
- Zoe Bakes has a great recipe for Chocolate, Candied Ginger and Grapefruit Biscotti
- And a little bit more chocolate at Baking Bites with some Chocolate Truffle Cookies
125g butter, softened
¾ cup (135g) caster sugar
1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
½ cup (125ml) milk
¾ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.
Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; stir in sifted flour and milk, in two batches. Fold ¼ cup raspberries into mixture.
Spread three-quarters of cake mixture into pan; sprinkle with remaining raspberries. Spread remaining cake mixture over raspberries.
Bake cake about 45 minutes (original recipe called for about an hour). Stand cake in pan 5 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.